Membership at Arouca Revival Tabernacle (ART) is not the same as member at a club. When we hear the word membership, we immediately think of a club. A member pays dues, comes to meetings, and fulfills the obligations of a club member. When you move, or no longer have time for the club, you simply withdraw your membership and move on.
At ART, membership is much more intimate. “For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body” (Eph. 5:29-30).
To be a church member means we are a member of Christ’s body—just like your finger is a member of your body. His blood runs through us. His Spirit animates us. His will moves us. He feels our pain, cleanses us when we get dirty, nurses our wounds, and cherishes us with pride.
Leaving the church is not simply leaving a club. When you walk away, you dismember yourself from the body. Jesus and the rest of the body sorely miss you, and bleed after your departure. You cut yourself off from your only source of life and nourishment. Like an amputated hand, you will slowly bleed out, wither, and die.
Sunday Morning Worship
Who can become a member
The Church Leadership receives into membership anyone who gives evidence of an experience of salvation through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and a desire to follow Him faithfully; have been baptized in water by immersion according to Matthew 28:19; who has a good reputation as to life and character; and who accepts the Statement of Faith, and By-Laws of PAWI.
Why become a member
- GOD’s FAMILY: You are a member of God’s very own family…. And you belong in God’s household with every other Christian.“Eph 2:19.”
- PERSONAL SENSE OF BELONGING: By choosing to become a member, you are making a conscious choice to identify with and become part of this church family.
- PERSONAL VOICE AND VOTE: Church members are given a clear voice and vote at all congregational meetings. Members participate in the decision making discussions and voting on church leadership appointment, church finances and major decisions.
- PERSONAL SIGNIFICANCE: Becoming a member will open up new opportunities for you to serve in significant ministry roles within our church family.
- PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP: By actively identifying with our church, you will enter into new meaningful relationships that you would not experience if you stay on the fringe of our church family.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: By committing yourself to becoming a member, you will have a greater focus to use and develop your gifts, abilities, serving skills and leadership within our church family.
- PERSONAL REWARDS: Jesus Christ promises to reward us for our service to others. Your loving service within our church family will have eternal significance in your life and the lives of others. You will also experience the joy and reward of being part of what God is doing with and through our entire church family.
- PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY: By becoming a member of this church, you are committing yourself to a personal path of spiritual growth, Christian maturity and godly service. Through the relationship you choose to build, you will become more accountable to others in your spiritual journey.
- Participate in Church Decisions
- Member shall participate in all congregation decisions by participating in voting during congregational business meetings.
- Respect the Church decisions
- Respect the church decisions properly made and binding; and as much as in them and where the conscience is not violated, assist in carrying out such decisions.
What is expected of members:
- “We expect members to participate in fulfilling our mission statement:”The Arouca Revival Tabernacle, a compassionate connecting community, based on sound biblical principles, seeks to enhance the lives of all people, through programs designed to equip lives for faithful service with a spirit of excellence.”
- Seek to become “fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ”
- Confess with your mouth that you have received Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour and that you have eternal life. Romans 10:9, John 1:12, 1John 5:11-13.
- Commune with God daily through scripture reading, prayer and following Christ. Matt 22:37, Ps 119:105, John 15: 4-6, John 14:23-24, John 12: 25-26, Luke 11:2, 1 Thess 5:17.
- Celebrate God and hear the preaching of God’s Word by participating in a weekly worship service. Ps. 145:7 Heb. 10:25, Acts 2:42.
- Continue to grow spiritually by learning God’s Word and following God’s will. Ps 145: 4, Prov. 13:20, Rom 12:1-2, Ps 119: 1-4, 2 Cor 5:17.
- Connect with others in loving relationships by being part of a family group or ministry team. Heb. 10:23-25, Num 11:17,Acts 2:42-47,
1Thess. 5:11, Gal 6:2, 1 John :11-2.
- Consecrate yourself to Christian service with your God-given time, abilities, gifts, and desires. Eph 2:10 , Rom 12: 4-8, Gal 5: 13, 1 Cor 12.
- G. Communicate the love of Christ by word and deed to others. Mt 5: 16, Job 11: 18, Col 1: 10, Mk 1: 17, 2 Cor 5: 19-21, Acts 26: 17-18, Luke 6: 27-31
- H. Contribute your God-given resources by generously and faithfully giving financially to God’s work at our church and beyond. 2 Cor 9:7,
Prov 3: 9-10, Mal 3: 8-10, Deut 14:22, Acts 11:29.